U15 Games - DAY 1
Time & Location
About The Event
Here are the locations for the events:
- Touch Rugby – Arataki Park, Girven Road, Mount Maunganui
- Fast Five Netball – Harbourside Netball Centre, Manganui Road, Mount Maunganui
- Futsal – ASB Baypark, 81 Truman Lane, Mount Maunganui
- Golf – TBC
1. Students competing must be Year 9 or 10 level (if at school or another provider). The student
can be enrolled at full time college, alternative education, youth organisation or Blue Light
Branch. Please contact us if there are any questions regarding this.
2. Competitors must be over 12 and under 16 as at the 1st January 2018.
3. Competitors birth dates will be required on the team registration form and the Blue Light U15
committee has the discretion to ask for proof at any stage prior or during the games.
Fun, Fairplay and Whanau:
Blue Light U15 Games is about promoting FUN through sport, FAIRPLAY through our attitude towards
the game and those involved and WHANAU who may be your team mates, coaches, mentors or those
that support our young people.
Our major prize for the games will go to the school/organization that displays all those qualities in each
There will be an official opening ceremony which will take place on Wednesday 28th November 2018 at
6:30pm – 7:30pm, Mount Maunganui (details TBC). This is an outside venue so please make sure you
have the appropriate attire in case of weather conditions. This is a FREE event where we will have a free
sausage sizzle, guest speakers, entertainment and official opening of the Blue Light U15 Games. All
teams are expected to be at the opening ceremony.
DRESS UP ….
The Games this year will have a theme which is “Identity”. This means each school/branch/organization
needs to come dressed up in what makes their community/area unique. Example: Bay of Plenty “Kiwi
Fruit” or “beach” or Jandals?
There will be a prize for the best dressed team/individual over the entirety of the Games.