Leading Effective Teams
Time & Location
About The Event
Being an inspirational leader
The number one reason employees voluntarily leave their jobs is not the company, not the work, but their manager. Any busy, operationally focused manager can focus too much on tasks and fail to engage and motivate individual employees. Improving leadership skills can measurably increase employee performance and retention. All employees benefit from the qualities of a manager who can lead greater performance in the workplace.
- Leadership vs management
- Leadership styles & situational leadership
- Skill vs will - choosing the right approach
- Action centered leadership
- Stages of team formation
- Team synergy
- Getting behind the why - building intrinsic motivation
- Authenticity & trust in leadership
- Coaching approach
- Visionary leadership - using analogies and metaphors
- Difference between managing and leading a team
- Build awareness of your leadership style and how you prioritise task vs people
- Achieve a greater understanding of how to gain improved performance from the individuals in your team
- Recognise the need to individualise your approach in the workplace
- Stronger awareness of the various methods you can use to motivate and inspire
Who should attend:
Team leaders, emerging leaders and those new to management who are required to lead a team.
Maximum number of participants 14.
Facilitated by Claire Russell, Thinkplus
You may qualify for a management capability subsidy of up to 50% off the cost of this course.
This funding is available to management staff and business owners. Contact our Business Growth team for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org Ph 0800 249 482
Cancellations must be received prior to 10.00am the day before the event or training seminar. Any cancellation and/or changes must be made in writing to email@example.com Cancellations after this time or non attendance will require payment, however substitutions are welcome.